FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Graham Slee Entheos Novo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:06pm
Welcome aboard Terry and congratulations on your newly acquired Solo ULDE.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Terry13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 7:16pm
Thank you
Terry
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 4:11am
@ Terry, in future start your own thread please!

I have a question to the maker. At the moment I'm trying out some Grado's on my Novo. I notice that I'm hearing some hiss in the background. The hiss does get a little louder as I increase the volume.

Never experienced this with the 650's. Is this because of the Grado's being more sensitive and lower impedance? 

S.

Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 11:19am
Originally posted by southall-1998 southall-1998 wrote:

Frustration understood.

I have a question to the maker. At the moment I'm trying out some Grado's on my Novo. I notice that I'm hearing some hiss in the background. The hiss does get a little louder as I increase the volume.

Never experienced this with the 650's. Is this because of the Grado's being more sensitive and lower impedance? 

S.

Grado at around 32 Ohms is a heavier load than the 650 at 300 Ohms. This (the heavier load) will have some effect on the negative feedback, reducing it, which lowers its noise reducing effect. Perfectly normal.

But some transducers might spotlight upper mids where hiss is more apparent.

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

Frustration understood.

S.

Grado at around 32 Ohms is a heavier load than the 650 at 300 Ohms. This (the heavier load) will have some effect on the negative feedback, reducing it, which lowers its noise reducing effect. Perfectly normal.

But some transducers might spotlight upper mids where hiss is more apparent.

Right, I see, very interesting!

Grado's are very efficient headphones, they remind me of sensitive horn speakers. Any noise and they show it up in a heartbeat very clearly.

S.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic