FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Accession as part of Multi-room solution

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ericfrogspawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericfrogspawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Accession as part of Multi-room solution
    Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 12:45pm
Hello all
I'm a new forum member but have been using one of Graham's wonderful phono stages since 2007 (Era Gold V) and have enjoyed many years of listening to my records through this. I thought I might share with you my experience of upgrading to the Accession MM.
My main HiFi was moved a couple of years ago into an extension of the house and great though that was for critical listening it left the kitchen and sitting room without vinyl playback. Lots of research followed looking at potential solutions but none really ticked all the boxes without spending a lot of money (L*nn in particular see you coming on this front). I stumbled on the Accession and was intrigued by it's dual phono outputs, which got me thinking. Few phono stages have this and most are switchable, making use of both outputs at the same time impossible. Paired with the Bluesound Node which is primarily a streaming device but has an analogue input, it is possible to send your analogue signal to multiple Node players around the house, whilst having another output to your primary pre-amp for more critical listening.
I finally took the plunge last week and got the Accession MM and it is safe to say it is a big leap up from the Era Gold V (and I haven't even given the benefit of burn in yet!). My main playback has opened up with a natural rich creamy sound which manages to sound detailed and spacious whilst conveying the heart of whatever you play. Even old Motown recordings have taken on a new toe tapping quality without making you aware of the deficiencies of the original recording. Bass and vocals sound particularly magical.
It has also hit the spot with regards to the multi-room brief. The Bluesound Node is a great streamer and manages the analogue signal well, given the likely degradation by sending it over the network. The cost of two Bluesound Nodes and the Accession MM come in at the same price as one entry level L*nn network player and you have to spend even more to get analogue inputs on the streamers in the L*nn ecosystem. So not only am I chuffed with the sound, I'm quids in.
Hope this has been an interesting read and look forward to contributing to the forum in future.
Mike
Mike
LP12 Radikal SME 3009 Grado Sonata Accession MM
Bluesound Node Chord 2Qute L*nn KK/KCT/MISO’s
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 6:41pm
Welcome to the forum Mike!

That's a great use for the additional output on the Accession. I have mine hooked up to an ADC for ripping, but can see how it hits the spot for multi-room listening!

You're in for sonic treats as the sound burns in, too!
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericfrogspawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 12:53pm
Thanks Bob. Have already had one very late night trawling through my vinyl and admiring the new improved sound. Any improvement over time will be icing on the cake! Not quite sure what happened to my post, an asterisk appears to be present every time I type a particular brand of hifi. Is that a built in glitch Wink ?
Mike
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 3:01am
Originally posted by ericfrogspawn ericfrogspawn wrote:

...an asterisk appears to be present every time I type a particular brand of hifi. Is that a built in glitch Wink ?

Built-in I'm affraid. A sort of protection. I've had run ins with other manufacturers before Wink
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 7:57pm
Welcome aboard Mike. That is a very ingenious use of the second output. Nice one and happy listening in every room!
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericfrogspawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 9:53pm
Built-in I'm affraid. A sort of protection. I've had run ins with other manufacturers before Wink 

I figured it might be. I have a lot of legacy gear from the brand who shall not be named but their current strategy is just plain wrong (wot, no pre-amp without DSM? no thank you). Good luck to you fighting the behemoths.Evil Smile
Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic