FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Groove Runner Turntable Speed Control

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Ernie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 11:37pm
Understood Graham,
Hope you don’t think I was criticising your work. Rega have obviously done a lot of work on their passive supply to get the best out of this motor and fair play to them.

I wonder what the scope would show with the Rega circuit (or the other circuits for that matter) connect to the mains supply.

Btw just notice the scope readings show the frequency to 4 decimal places all zeros. You certainly go to some lengths for us don’t you!

There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 2:06am
Ahha, the scope and its decimal places... wishful thinking but it will go no lower than 10Hz resolution. But my AP is a different story:

I didn't think you were criticising my work. It's only right that I should be questioned or nobody will ever learn anything from these posts and topics. It's good for understanding what things do.

I don't pretend to have exhausted every possible measurement simply because in my mind electronics aren't as exact as some would like to believe. But then again I suppose I take some things to their extremes... Ermm

As an example, I'll be hopping over to the 70s amp topic shortly because I'm not satisfied with the power amp quite yet. The bugger is keeping me awake AngryWink

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 2:56am
Those of us who have been here awhile know that we will be satisfied when you feel satisfied enough to put your name on your latest design(s). They always sound and work the best.

Edited by BAK - 12 Oct 2018 at 2:57am
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

I wonder if it would work with a mark one or two GyroDec with the original ac motor. Do you want to borrow my Papst ac motor to try it out with the Groove Runner Graham?

"It would be good to see some spec's. It obviously runs on 230V but might not on 110V. What size phasing capacitor, and are there any other components? And is there a power rating on it?"

Jon: Next week I will dig the motor pod out and check the capacitor value. I know the Rega TT PSU's BD139/140 outputs got quite hot even with clip-on heatsinks i.e. it couldn't supply the current for the Papst motor.

"PS. would it be possible to press one of the known motors above into service on it?

Jon: I considered that and was considering a Premotec motor with the phase adjustment to minimise vibration. Then I started to look at DC motors and went that way.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Ernie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 11:01am
Any nearer to releasing the Groove Runner?
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 7:25pm
From what John C tells me, a turntable manufacturer will be trialing a sample batch as soon as he gets them built. The main delay at present seems to be the output transformers.

If the response is positive we will place it on sale on the forum. The reason it hasn't been offered so far is due to the limited interest in this topic. There seems to be only 3 potential sales Ouch

I also don't consider it could be a general sale item because it requires a little more understanding than a plug-n-play item. Even if supplied fully built the user will need to at least change the turntable plug. Everything these days has to be fitted with a plug, so the Groove-Runner could only be legally sold to a DIY'er.

Edited by Graham Slee - 09 Sep 2019 at 7:26pm
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic