FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

PS stacking; OK?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PS stacking; OK?
    Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 8:18pm
I've had a custom built cabinet delivered and installed today. I'm now trying to tidy up the positioning of components, cables and power supplies. There is space, on the floor, behind the bottom CD drawers to fit my ClearerAudio eight socket trailing lead and power supplies.  The cabinet maker had left it with the four PSs (2 x Proprius PS + 2 x PSU1 for Majestic & Reflex M) sitting atop the plugs in the trailing lead.  Is this OK?  Alternatively I could stack the power supplies either as 2 x Proprius PS each with a PSU1 on top so that nothing is atop the plugs. Would this be OK?

It could be difficult otherwise.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 10:40pm
All our power supplies have undergone rigorous testing to ensure safety, and carry approvals, so if used sensibly they should be safe.

Therefore I would experiment with positioning and if your system is quiet it will indicate you got that part right. The PSU1 for the Majestic gets warmer than PSU1s used for other products, so it should be at the top of the stack for best ventillation.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 10:43pm
Thanks Graham. I'll have a play.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 3:57pm
Ifor, not sure whether this was what you had in mind re 'stacking'....

Having seen the enhanced benefits of going a step further following my recent Accession MC & Enigma loans I have decided to go the whole hog on both my Accession MM & Elevator Mains cables; I have also acquired an Enigma DC lead (thanks John very much appreciated) from the Elevator also (Accession DC lead previously upgraded over a year ago).  Will just have to wait for the new Silver leads to fully burn in which from experience and given low current draw may be up to 300 hours. The PSUs are mounted in my mains block vertically next to one another; both using Furutech Gold Mains and Figure of 8 plugs.  Airflow good too!

Ps. It sure why the photo is pinched on mobile devices as ok on a PC - sorry..

Edited by Richardl60 - 05 Feb 2019 at 9:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic