FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

New Turntable

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 3:38pm
...also had a thought to try this mains lead (or at least the one from my CD player) on my Accession or Elevator -whilst an IEC lead I do have an IEC/f8 converter plug.  Will report back separately.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 6:15pm
Thanks Richard.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2023 at 6:24pm
After nearly a year of saving I got my new turntable just after Christmas a Debut Pro and I'm happy with it and it's certainly an up-grade on my old one in sound and quality of build. After talking to a member on another forum or more to the point his brother using his account (in a private Message) he told me the merits of replacing the plastic sub platter with a metal one, He thought it was a better up-grade than replacing the platter with an acrylic one, he also said replacing the cartridge with a better one should be my first up-grade, which I had already done (2M Bronze) He went on to say that his dealer had advised him on doing it and said it was good advice. He had bought his Pro with the matching puck and said it was worth it, but I have a record clamp so I don't need to do this. So after his advice I will be saving for the metal Sub-platter, I'm part of the way there as I didn't spend all my savings on the turntable. One thing I will say about the TT is that the balance gauge for setting the stylus tracking weight that came with it, is crap, I first tried out the TT with the cartridge that came with it and I could not get it to balance, so I turned to my digital scales and set it with that and then went and see if the balance gauge would balance and it didn't.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
TheScorpionsTale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheScorpionsTale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

After nearly a year of saving I got my new turntable just after Christmas a Debut Pro and I'm happy with it and it's certainly an up-grade on my old one in sound and quality of build. After talking to a member on another forum or more to the point his brother using his account (in a private Message) he told me the merits of replacing the plastic sub platter with a metal one, He thought it was a better up-grade than replacing the platter with an acrylic one...

I've not had much time to get to the forum just recently and missed your post Jon, sorry. Very pleased to hear that your new turntable didn't disappoint...and amused to read that the upgrade path has started already Big smile . It's something in our hi-fi psyche, I think. Enjoy!
Graham

SL1200 II with SME M2-9R and various carts / Revelation M with PSU-1 / Cyrus amp, CD and streamer / Kralk Audio BC30-3 Floorstanders / Bitzie and Lautus USB
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by TheScorpionsTale TheScorpionsTale wrote:

Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

After nearly a year of saving I got my new turntable just after Christmas a Debut Pro and I'm happy with it and it's certainly an up-grade on my old one in sound and quality of build. After talking to a member on another forum or more to the point his brother using his account (in a private Message) he told me the merits of replacing the plastic sub platter with a metal one, He thought it was a better up-grade than replacing the platter with an acrylic one...

I've not had much time to get to the forum just recently and missed your post Jon, sorry. Very pleased to hear that your new turntable didn't disappoint...and amused to read that the upgrade path has started already Big smile . It's something in our hi-fi psyche, I think. Enjoy!

I have already started on the upgrade, I have put my 2M Bronze on it and I have just bought a acrylic platter mat, I was going to use the platter from my old turntable (it would fit) but I got a good price for the turntable with said platter. Before I sold it I tried the arcylic platter and did a comparision with platter and platter mat and there was not a lot in it. I was going to spend the money I got for my old TT on the sub-platter but spent most of it on more music. Smile
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic