FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Majestic DAC + dock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Majestic DAC + dock
    Posted: 29 May 2018 at 2:06pm
dear All,
   Tonight I plugged in my Wadia iPod dock to my Majestic DAC a played a few albums. This dock extracts the digits from the iPod, bypassing the internal Apple DAC. Huge difference, as you’d expect, and thanks again Graham for getting it right. 

My question is, does anyone use a dock with a lightening connector? My aging Wadia won’t talk to my iPhone 6, it only talks to my also aging iPod touch. I’m also very, VERY interested in experiences with Bluetooth receivers that deliver coax or optical digital out. 

Anyone?
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Ernie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 6:36pm
Hi Mick, I was using a lightning to camera USB adapter to attach my iPhone to a Cyrus Soundkey. The lightning adapter plugged into the phone then a usb to micro usb plugged into dac.

The adapter is about £30.
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Aussie Mick Aussie Mick wrote:

I’m also very, VERY interested in experiences with Bluetooth receivers that deliver coax or optical digital out. 

Anyone?
Mick.

We have a hard wired Bluecreation RF transceiver module (yes, hard wired!) which we programed for coax S/PDIF out, and could easily add optical.

At the time the module was £30, and that included licensing of aptX, which is why it was so pricey.

To build it as a complete standalone product was considered too expensive as it would have resulted in an asking price of around £400. At the time there were other devices claiming aptX and outputting S/PDIF for less than £100.

Therefore the project was abandoned.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic