FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Tidying up cable clutter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Frank Furter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frank Furter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tidying up cable clutter
    Posted: 27 May 2018 at 8:36pm
Before I start, I'm no electronics expert. I just like to fire up my turntable and play records. 
But in the corner of the room where I have my hifi kit set up there is a tangle of cables snaking all over the floor. I need to tidy them up. 
With regard to the mains cables, how important is it to have a fancy, (and expensive), mains conditioner or will a decent 6-way socket block do more or less the same job? I realise there is probably a lot of hype around this subject.
My gear is mid-range rather than high end. Any thoughts / experiences appreciated.
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 8:57pm
The one to be aware of is mains frequency noise being induced onto signal cables, which is why you should do what you can to separate them.
The last thing you want is 50/60Hz superimposing itself onto your audio signal.

It's why telecoms cables and mains cables are kept apart, and it's no different with audio.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic