FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Accession MC - a quick review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
nemu View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 11:11am
Hello everybody!

On Wednesday I orderd an Accession MC,  expecting it to arrive in 2 - 3 weeks as stated on the website. But what a suprise, when I received an email message the same day, letting me know that the preamp will leave England the same day. 

I received it on friday morning just before leaving for work. I quickly unpacked the Accession MC and connected it via the Enigma PSU to the electricity, so that it could burn in a bit before I started to listen in the evening.

Figure 1: "Audio Technica AT-OC9XEN", "Technics SL1200G" and "Graham Slee Accession MC"

For the first impression I listend using a quite new Audio Technica AT-OC9XEN MC LO cartridge, with an eliptical nude stylus, installed on my Technics SL1200G. I put on the record „Think!“ (Lonnie Smith), a release from the „Blue Note 80th Series“, published this month, which I already listend to very offen.

Figure 2: „Think!“ (Lonnie Smith), a release from the „Blue Note 80th Series“ in the background

When I lowered the stylus I was buf astoned what I heard. Also having an Accession MM I expected a very transparent, well balanced and natural sound. But I did not expect this additional huge dynamic and spacious sound with a nice deep bass. Already the first title „Son Of ICE Bag“ on the record made it impossible for me to sit still. To be honest, I was a bit afraid that the Accession MC would sound a bit boring, as you can find quite often with very transparent MC phono preamps. But this is not the case, at least with this affordable Audio Technica AT-OC9XEN I am using. 

Thanks very much Graham for your work on developing this fine phono preamp. It is worth every penny.

I will try out other MC cartridges I have in the drawer ...

Best wishes from the river Rhine in Germany
Stephan

P.S. Concerning the features of the Accession MC/MM I myself do not need the variable output. I would rather prefer one or two more inputs, to be able to connect more arms. Each input should have its own DIP switch to alter the capistance on the Accession MM and the resistance on the Accession MC. 

Edited by nemu - 26 Aug 2019 at 5:42am
Accession MM (PSU1), Accession MC (Enigma PSU1)
nemu View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 9:20am
Hello,

I am listening to my Accession MC (Enigma PSU1) since the end of August. I am very please with the sound. Right now I am using a Benz Wood SL cartridge, which works really well with the Accession MC. I can not wish for anything more. I am addicted to the Accession!

Best Regards
Stephan
Accession MM (PSU1), Accession MC (Enigma PSU1)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic