FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Lithium battery

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
krismusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krismusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 9:31pm
Must say, I am pretty pleased with my 575's. First full size cans I have owned. I am sure there is better but these will do for now. Smile I would still be interested to know more about the likely outcome of using the Lithium battery... 
iamalexis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamalexis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by jamescodway jamescodway wrote:

These are HD 25-specific mods... pretty basic.
- Swap the steel cable for something copper (typically HD650 stock)
- swap pleather for velour pads (eases bass)
- swap split headband for HD25SP band

You get a little less detail and smaller soundstage than, say, HD650, but they have a lot more punch, are more lively and are much more forgiving of poor recording/mastering.

Even with velour, the isolation is still up with the best of mid-range closed back/studio cans and they're robust enough to chuck in the bag and take anywhere

hello

i'm looking into modding my hd25's having read this. i have been told the capsules don't fit on the hd25sp band. i'm assuming they do as you have done so...do the fit on ok?

thanks
jamescodway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamescodway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 8:25pm
/QUOTE]i have been told the capsules don't fit on the hd25sp band. i'm assuming they do as you have done so...do the fit on ok?
[/QUOTE]

Its kind of one of those things where it certainly doesn't look like the 25-1 capsules were designed to fit on the SP headband as the fittings are different to the SP capsules but they do fit well and very firmly, so the ratchet doesn't move too easily (as can be the case on 25-1).

It does require a little more force to get them on the headband but after the first couple of goes, you;ll get the technique...

Good luck. Enjoy. I find the SP headband gives a better angle on my ears for sound and isolation.    
Voyager - HD25
iamalexis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamalexis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 12:41am
Originally posted by jamescodway jamescodway wrote:

Its kind of one of those things where it certainly doesn't look like the 25-1 capsules were designed to fit on the SP headband as the fittings are different to the SP capsules but they do fit well and very firmly, so the ratchet doesn't move too easily (as can be the case on 25-1).

It does require a little more force to get them on the headband but after the first couple of goes, you;ll get the technique...

Good luck. Enjoy. I find the SP headband gives a better angle on my ears for sound and isolation.    

Thanks for the additional info, I'm going to give it a try   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic