FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Conductor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Analog Kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analog Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by mrarroyo mrarroyo wrote:

Anyone have any experience with gold cables?

I have never seen audio cables that use gold conductors before. Would be very expensive, no?
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2009 at 1:17am
Originally posted by Analog Kid Analog Kid wrote:

Originally posted by mrarroyo mrarroyo wrote:

Anyone have any experience with gold cables?

I have never seen audio cables that use gold conductors before. Would be very expensive, no?

£590 ($870.50) per ounce on Forex...Nuke
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2009 at 2:23am

Here is a link to a gold cable manufacturer. Never seen them let alone used them.

Miguel
gmdb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmdb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 9:26am
Hi Tg

I know your post was a little old, but I just loved it!  There is certainly something about valve and silver cables and full rangers that works magic if you have slightly old ears.  Smile

Or perhaps it's just that the combo works very well with silver.  Graham seems to suggest this by putting silver into the Agsat and recommending it for valve amps. 

BTW does anyone know how long Graham's cables take to "burn-in"?  At a guess I'd say a couple of weeks with playing one to two hours a day.  I've just received the Agsat and initial impressions were that my homemade silver cables with Eichmann RCAs were slightly ahead in clarity.  The homemades, however, have had a long time to burn in, and aren't shielded.  So there are occasional hum and noise problems using them with the Fanfare. 

cheers

Geoff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic