FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Hello from Abu Dhabi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ash Malek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Malek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from Abu Dhabi
    Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 1:35pm
Hello all. Ash here a new joiner from Abu Dhabi.

I'm looking at purchasing the Elevator EXP for my Denon DL304. I have a Bryston MM phonostage. Does anyone have any experience with the DL304 and Elevator EXP?

Regards.

Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 8:44pm
Hi Ash,
    Plenty of Denon devotees on this forum, so you’re bound to find what you need. I love my EXP in combination with my Apheta 2 - it knocks the Apheta’s family phono stage out of the park.
Welcome to the forum,
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 8:02am
Hi Ash and welcome to the Forum.
The Accession MC is now available which might be a better choice as it would replace your existing MM phono amp and doesn't need the Elevator.
I'm not sure whether the loan scheme is available in Abu Dhabi, which allows you to listen in the comfort of your own home, but perhaps there is a dealer who might arrange a demonstration.

Ian
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
Ash Malek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Malek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 1:41pm
Hi Ian,

Thanks for the input. I didn't realize the Accession MC had a very low Input sensitivity range, as the Denon output is a low 0.17mV, so I guess it will work.

Please excuse my ignorance, but the difference between the EXP and Accession is the Input Impedence with the EXP having a wider range of settings, so my question is will it matter?

Regards.
Ash
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 3:05pm
Hi Ash,
THe Elevator is purely a step up amp specifically designed to enable MCs to be used with MM phono amps and does offer a range of cartridge loadings. The Accession is a dedicated MC phono amp, I understand that Graham has used it with the Denon DL103 amongst other MCs. The input impedance/loading is optimised for a wide range of MCs and shouldn't be a problem.
If you wish to try alternate cartridge loadings there is a thread here:https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/cartridge-loading-plugs_topic1246_post54724.html?KW=capacitor#54724
discussing the methods and results.

Edited by BackinBlack - 19 Feb 2018 at 3:07pm
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
Ash Malek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Malek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 3:08pm
Thanks for the link Ian, and thanks to Mick too.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 7:02pm
Thansk for joining us Ash.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic