FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Elevator on the way

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
savakntr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savakntr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Elevator on the way
    Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:31pm
I have just proceeded with the order of an Elevator to match it with my Accession and my Kiseki Purpleheart N.O.S MC cartridge.

The question is on what capacitance adjustments should I make on Accession after the connection with the Elevator? Also the ground cable from the turntable should be connected to the Elevator or the Accession? And lastly the RCAs grounding cables from the tone arm should be connected to the Elevator or Accession?

With the 2M Black the Accession was set at 100pf

The cables I will be using with the Elevator are:

1. Sme 309 to Eleavator SME cable
2. Elevator to Accession CuSat
3. Accession to pre amp Lautus 1.5m

Thanks in advance

Edited by savakntr - 13 Feb 2018 at 8:02pm
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 9:43pm

Hi.

Conventional wisdom on moving coils is that the different capacitance is that it shouldn't really make a difference. You could of course try it once you have accustomed yourself with the new sound.

As to earths, I would have thought the arm ground would normally go to the Elevator though on trying that with mine a hum developed so left it disconnected on my Elevator.

You haven't said what your TT is so cannot comment on that - you may well end up with hum with your collection of earths so may be trial and error - but that may depend on how the TT/Arm are constructed/wired (are they metal, wood, belt/DD etc)?
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 10:15pm
IMO the Cusat cables will effectively have connected all the boxes' grounds together but I still take my turntable/tonearm ground wires to the first box in the chain i.e. the Elevator. Try with and without as the tonearm drop leads may be enough, no hum wins. I also agree with Richard about the Asccession input capacitance.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
savakntr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savakntr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 3:46am
Thank you all for your assistance!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic