FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

HD800S & SOLO ULDE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
D3savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D3savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 8:18am
Seems to have settled nicely - this journey has taken around 250 hours ........ and it is fabulous...
the HD800S seems to be very well matched Hug
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 9:47am
Just out of interest Richard, how many hours use did your HD800Ss have before you got the
Solo?
I don't think my '800Ss have anything like 250 hours on them, so perhaps there's more to come.Smile
Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
D3savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D3savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 11:20am
Hi my HD800's had about 200 hours on them - run on a Naim 272. So in total mine have about 450 hrs.
I think in memory there was a difference after about 150 hrs on HD800's. I think most of the current effect is t do with the Solo ULDE settling in.....however, I was warned at Audio T the HD800S need around 500 hours to give their best...so perhaps there is a bit of both. There is a definite synergy between these phones and the Solo....a bit like speaker amp matching. I was listening to DSD files last night ....... one was Stings album from 1989 .... that sounded fantastic .... open, dynamic -  the bass went so low at one point the headphones shook!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic