FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Computer speakers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
habitullence View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote habitullence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Computer speakers
    Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 3:44pm
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone Party

Time to buy myself something.

I've got a GS Majestic. Looking at Kef Egg and Ruark MR1 MK2, the latter seems to have the edge in reviews I've read.

I like my audio sampled at 48kHz.

My plan is to run USB-C from my MacBook Pro to Majestic USB and then from the Majestic to one of these sets, I guess line out to aux in.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these setups or any alternative recommendations?

Thanks Smile
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 4:33pm
Hello Rick

I use Kef Eggs & their sub as a 5.1 system in my lounge but not as the primary music system (my Majestic is in the main system). 

Whilst these are great with TV and movies & are Ok with music, I've always felt that the 5 satellites don't really go low enough & therefore the sub crosses too high for real fidelity. A bit of a 'smiley face' frequency response - not bad though & I have no intention of replacing them.

Sorry, I don't have experience with the Ruarks.
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
habitullence View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote habitullence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 5:19pm
Thanks, Andrew.

That would basically be my setup as well, need investigate 5.1 options with Ruarks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic