FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Mission 774 tonearm anybody?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mission 774 tonearm anybody?
    Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 9:39pm
I am looking to sell my Mission 774 tonearm in about a month -towards the end of January.

The arm was bought new by my brother around 35-40 years ago.

This is the original John Bicht design not the later and cheaper options.

The arm is low mass 5.5gm effective mass.

This was initially used with a Sure V15 111 before moving on to Ortofon VMS20E and VMS30E. It was then used with a Koetsu black for a while with a brass mass ring to increase effective mass.

After a few use with no use I too the arm on and first used an AT before my current Dynavector XX2-2 again with a push fit brass mass ring.

The arm Has the original box and has a very good reputation. Mount is traditional SME.

Condition is very good/excellent with one caveat. Cartridges are normally mounted via screws from beneath the cartridge in to the headblock. In order to fit my Dynavector it was necessary to drill the headblock to to insert screws through the block.

It is possible to upgrade these arms with either a new tube (online) or Audio Origami provide an upgrade service.

Anyone interested please send me a PM.

Not thought too much on price but likely £250-£325.
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 9:40pm
I temporarily removed the Mission to measure my arm plate needs.

It was noticeable it sounded much crisper when reinstalled, set up identical the only difference being unplugging and replugging phono leads in to Elevator. Will see how it compares with audiomods.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic