FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Walter Becker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AGiLiT View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGiLiT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Walter Becker
    Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 7:57pm
Oh, man... I loved Steely Dan!  I guess Walter's years have finally been reeled in.

It's strange - I just identified which of the cartons of records I have stacked in my closet they are in.    (I'm here in Houston, within the flood zone, but on just enough high ground that we stayed dry.  We had taken everything out and piled it up as high as we could before it got bad.  We evacuated for a couple of nights and fortunately withstood the crest, but many of our neighbors weren't so lucky. I went through all the cartons before I packed them back to see what was where and do some labeling.)  I have to go dig out their albums now...

Edited by AGiLiT - 03 Sep 2017 at 7:58pm
Tony
Houston, TX
thewebster62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewebster62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 1:02pm
Absolutely loved Steely Dan from the day I heard 'Don't Take Me Alive' one morning on the radio.
The Royal Scam was purchased within 24 hours of hearing that track closely followed by the 3 albums that preceded it and everything else since.
I then waited patiently for over 20 years to finally see the band in London at Wembley in September 2000 - it was good but a lot of subtleties were lost at such a large venue.
If only I'd waited and seen them the following night at the Hammersmith OdeonCry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic