FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Majestic Digital Clicking Sound

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 7:45am
Checking the manual for your player it appears that it will output audio either over HDMI or Analogue/SPDIF but not both simultaneously.
Somewhat counter intuitively it seems necessary to set the Audio Output to "Off" to route it to the Analogue/SPDIF outputs with a need to further adjust the settings to PCM etc in the "Advanced" menu.
I would imagine it desirable to utilize the Majestic for all TV programming rather than Disc replay only and in that case the suggestion by Chris to use an SPDIF (most likely Optical) out from the TV to the Majestic and use the TV to route the signal from whatever source is selected - ie tuner, recorder, disc player - this would keep the audio signal in the digital domain until decoding by the Majestic and should provide optimal sound quality.

Tony G
hippyeverafter View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hippyeverafter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 9:58am
Thanks for all of your input however i have found a solution to the problemSmile. Have purchased a HDMI switcher from Amazon with optical and coaxial out so at the moment have the ATV and Amazon fire stick connected and coaxial to the Majestic. Seems a perfect solution as now have a spare HDMI on the LG and also on the switcher to connect a dvd player if needed £38 well spent i thinkWink. The Panasonic 4K player is back in the living room connected to the Panasonic 4K tv and sound is routed via the HDMI and optical out on the tv to the sound base as it always was. It's a fantastic 4K player but to be honest i find the setting options confusing and convoluted. Could be an age thingEmbarrassed.

Edited by hippyeverafter - 20 Aug 2017 at 10:08am
Terry

"You pass life's shop once in your life so buy the best". Proprius, Accession, Solo Ultra Linear, Majestic, CuSat50 Interconnects, Spatia Cable, Thorens TD206, Ortofon Blue, Dali Opticon 2.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic