FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Spotify & Squeezebox

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spotify & Squeezebox
    Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 10:26am
It seems that Spotify are changing the method of delivery of their service, and one of the casualties is Squeezebox support.
As of 20th July Spotify will not play on Squeezeboxes.
I have just cancelled my subscription - there's no point in paying for a service that won't integrate with my server.

www.mysqueezebox.com/byeByeSpotify

Bastards!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 10:22pm
Thankfully one of the code writers on the Slim Devices forum had things in hand, and has been working on a new player script, so there is a work around.
Bad news for my NAS server is that it won't run the script, but is does run on RasPi, so there's a server work around on the horizon.

Big smile
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 10:33pm
Although I don't run Spotify through my Squeezebox at the moment I was considering it as an option so it's a relief to know you are ahead of the game. Thanks Chris.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Bencat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bencat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 9:44am
One of the advantages of LMS is that with no MFG involved with it any longer it is left to enthusiasts who love and use the system . If you are not already join the slimdevices forum as it is a huge data base of knowledge and a pool of helpful and very technically gifted people who can hel with any problem .

During the period I have used LMS the BBC iPlayer App has had to be reworked a number of times often without any help from the BBC but the app always gets updated and works at the highest quality level possible. Radio Paradise is an App which now gives you four different streams to choose from all in Flac quality . Spotify has changed as noted but again those on the forum work tirelessly to ensure that any new implementation is compatable with LMS .

If you have not tried it there is also a new skin that can be used called cool master which turns your desktop in to something similar to Roon no not as complete but it is free so it shows your albums in a grid , it displays details of the artist , the album and if it can find them the lyrics.

All of this is free and because they are enthusiasts it is looked after and upgraded when it is needed again all for free . So for many LMS is a little less glam that some new software but do not dismiss it you get an awful lot for nothing .
Andrew
Raspbery Pi/Justboom Digi - MiniDSP DDRC 24 - Krell KSA50 - Quad ESL57
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 8:57am
Thanks Andrew. I take my Squeezebox Touch for granted and many of the best features have come from the slimdevices forum members.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

Thanks Andrew. I take my Squeezebox Touch for granted and many of the best features have come from the slimdevices forum members.

I echo that, Jon.

The hardware is very, very good (just so long as you don't do anything stupid with it, such as connecting the wrong PSU to it).
It helps a bit if you can get to grips with the fundamentals of computer networking.

The real strength of Squeezebox is the opensource server program.
The folks who work on that are top notch, and they rise to the challenge every time the content provider change their method of delivery (the BBC keep on meddling with their feeds - last time they sent Kevin, the new boy in IT to screw things up and tidy up the stream links. Kevin went home that evening not knowing how royally he'd bolloxed things up, content in the knowledge that he'd done a good day's tidying for a good day's pay).
The LMS code guys spent a couple of days working on it and fixed the problems that Kevin created.

There have been a number of situations here other content providers changed their delivery method, and the LMS code guys just keep on fixing the problems.

The code guys do it in their spare time, and I am eternally grateful that they do what they do.
Darrry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Darrry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 2:47am
To use Spotify music on Squeezebox, you can use the DRmare Windows Music Converter for Spotify to help you. By using this tool, you can get music from Spotify and put Spotify music on Squeezebox for playing with ease. And you can play Spotify music on other platforms without any limit.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic