FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Phono interconnect with earth wire?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Eric View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phono interconnect with earth wire?
    Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 5:46pm
As a new member I have a question about the phono interconnet.
The phono interconnects I'm using has an built in earth wire, but on the pictures here I have not seen such wire. Not necessary or to be solved with a separate wire?
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 6:26pm
Eric is this the lead from the arm you are talking about or general RCA lead?
Eric View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 7:42pm
I'm talking about the interconnect from the turntable to the sut/phono amp.
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 8:04pm
Welcome to the Forum from me too Eric.
I note that you mention SUT/Phono amp which leads me to believe that you use an MC cartridge; in which case it would be more appropriate to rtry either the Reflex C or the Accession MC when it becomes available (in the loan scheme) in the very near future.
Regarding the earth wire between the turntable and the phono stage, I think most here use a separate wire wwhich works well. I don't doubt that John C who makes the cables could incorporate an earth wire if required, it would seem to provide a neater solution.

I hope you find the information and discussions on the forum useful.

Edited by BackinBlack - 09 Jul 2017 at 8:11pm
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
Eric View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 6:21am
Yes, I'm using an MC cartiridge, ZYX R100 Fuji. The reason why I use a SUT (Lundahls trafos as I'm living in Sweden Smile) is that none of the MC phono amps I have tried has been as good as an SUT together with an MM phono amp. I also beleive that it is a little bit more flexible with the combination SUT and MM phono amp, or?

Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 6:28am
Eric. You may like to add the Elevator to your loan list also....

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic