FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Vinyl comeback

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 5:22pm
I was just thinking of RSD and the last time I was at my favourite record shop I asked them about it and they said to me they do good on the day but better on online when they put the stuff that did not sell up for sail but they did say to me that there is a lot of crap that comes from the big labels, gimmicks they try to avoid. I looked and a lot of what I seen was old stuff being remarketed, that says to me the majors are just trying to make money out of us. this shop I go to do not tend to sell records from small labels and their own. By the way there was not one thing that interested me the last RSD
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 6:20pm
Yes, I think there is a creative gap between the record shops we love and the record companies' usually naff RSD gimmicks.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Sylvain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sylvain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 6:44pm

Vinyl...... but not as you would have known it .......

Recordings are mostly done by 24bit or even 32bit mixing console. Digital and my last read was ''new digital lathe'' being used to cut the Vinyl......and I also read of '' plug-ins'' digital tone to replicate any near analogue sound ...but synthetic.....You know the acoustic reverberations in an air cavity and old Goldring RIAA equalisation when we hear it........ 
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 7:40pm
Jon
Talking about naff stuff, As for vinyl, bring out something on coloured vinyl when you can get it in black cheaper this is just an exercise in making money out of fans and this goes for digital remasters too, what was wrong with the old copy?
I was reading online a while back in that some record shops were not getting involved in promoting RSD at all as they did not see it as a good way making money and some went as far as to say they felt that they were ripping off their customers. they also were saying they were better off promoting new artists and or new music. People like you and me, a lot on this forum will go to a record shop what ever anyway so what they were saying is, it was not bring in new customers
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 10:02pm
Yes I agree about coloured vinyl being the added extra rather than (good) new material on vinyl.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic