FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Jelco SA750D Cartridge Overhand

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
StreamIT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StreamIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jelco SA750D Cartridge Overhand
    Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 10:04am
Guys,

I'm trying to figure out as to why my Denon DL103-R overhangs my Jelco SA750D headshell by approximately 4mm?

I've read elsewhere that the Jelco overhang spec of 15mm is incorrect and most people say that 18mm is more accurate? In addition, the cart is slightly skewed towards the spindle, which I've read is again down to the cartridge overhang?

I'm using the Feickert Protractor NG & Berewald by the way.

Anyway, I was wondering if this is OK? Also would a longer headshell (55mm as opposed to 51.5mm) be better aesthetically?

Cheers David 

Edited by StreamIT - 12 Jun 2017 at 10:06am
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 1:10pm
With the Dr Feickert protractor, provided you find the correct pivot centre & then align with all three alignment points, then everything will be correct (it's a very accurate & easy to use device). In that case you should be OK even if the cartridge looks a little strange - a longer headshell is your choice & it's probably worth checking out arm/cartridge compliance.
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
StreamIT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StreamIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 2:11pm
Thanks Drewan77, as I thought then.

I'm picking up a 55mm long Jelco rosewood headshell later from ISOKinetik. ;-)

Edited by StreamIT - 12 Jun 2017 at 2:28pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic