FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Jean-Michel Jarre Live?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
itsmanhattan View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsmanhattan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jean-Michel Jarre Live?
    Posted: 25 May 2017 at 10:46pm
I'm debating seeing JMJ live tomorrow, but have not pulled the trigger on tickets yet. Wanted to see if anyone on the forum had any thoughts.

It's in a large auditorium, generally a turn-off for me, but he rarely tours and I believe the show is an "event."

Has anyone else seen him live? Is it meh or a can't miss?

Thanks,
Manhattan
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 6:00am
Yes Manhattan I've seen J-MJ live a few times and his current shows are a very professional mix of music & impressive lighting/visual effects, especially when he plays the laser harp (lasers featured a lot last time I saw him).

By the nature of his music, gigs are quite heavily instrumental, very melodic & atmospheric and usually follow the recorded album pieces quite closely, rarely 'breaking free' - meaning that some could find this a bit sterile.

I can't speak for you of course but I catch live music whenever I can & have enjoyed seeing J-MJ. Good as hifi can be, nothing competes with a real performance IMO. 
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
McHolmeM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McHolmeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Drewan77 Drewan77 wrote:

Good as hifi can be, nothing competes with a real performance IMO. 
Certainly agree, Andrew. The vocal harmonies last night of the five experienced singer-songwriters who make up Daphne's Flight - reunited after a 21 year break - were a delight. Provided a much needed uplifting feel-good factor that only a good live music performance can deliver.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic