FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

DAK Nova headphone amp.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cncman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cncman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DAK Nova headphone amp.
    Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 8:58pm
I all,
Just had to thank the guys at GSP for producing the Nova headphone amp in kit form.
Finished putting mine together last week, and just think the performance is stunning!
I must mention that I have not produced anything electronic since my old apprenticeship days over 35 years ago, so this was quite an adventure for me.
The kit is very well thought out, and the instruction manual very comprehensive.
However, I did struggle a little with the resistor colour codes and ended up downloading an iPad app. to help me quickly identify the values of each.
No problems with the actual build though, and the test values were almost spot on to those shown on the circuit diagram.
Now, not only do i have the pleasure of listening to some great music with my headphones, but I have a big grin Big smile knowing that i actually built the amp myself.
Thanks again!

Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 11:01pm
Well done Stephen, it's a corker of an amp, great value, and you made it! My DAK Novo was the first thing I bought from GSP in 2009 I think.

Thanks for joining us on the forum. What have you been listening to with your new Novo?

Edited by Fatmangolf - 25 Apr 2017 at 11:01pm
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
cncman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cncman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 8:12pm
Hi Jon,

The DAK Nova is not my only piece of GSP, last year my dealer sold me the Gram Amp 2SE with a new integrated amplifier. Since then I have realised the quality of sound that can be had from well made individual components. The Nova was to add headphones to my setup, as the new amp has no individual headphone jack. I'm very pleased with the Nova and have been mainly listening to light rock, Chris Rea's 'On the Beach' sounds great during the guitar solo, as does many of my Dire Straits tracks. The only problem now is that I'm hooked! Should it be the CuSat50 cables next, or maybe the PSU1 to add to the system?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic