FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Chuck Berry 18/3 2017

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
suede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chuck Berry 18/3 2017
    Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 5:06pm
A few days late and I suspect it hasn't gone missed by many but I thought someone had to post Chuck Berry's obituary on here.
For Chuck Berry no summary is actually needed. The man was truly a legend and one of the major shapers of popular music in the last century. Surely Rock music would not be what it is today, or maybe better put what it was "yesterday", without him.
But he was more than just a pioneer of the backbeat, he could also be a great songwriter and lyricist of the storytelling kind and personally I'd argue that the first few lines of Johnny B. Goode are in a way perhaps more deserving to be indelibly stamped into music history than are those of Tutti Frutti or Blue Suede Shoes, however great those songs are in their own right. No classic "oldies" Rock song comes close in my reckoning and I am happy that I got to see him perform live nearly 10 years ago. Not bad going to be touring internationally in your 80s.
May his music live on long still.

Edited by suede - 21 Mar 2017 at 5:09pm
Proprius, Reflex M, Solo UL, Bitzie, CuSats & Spatia
---------------------------------
Johan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic