FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

settings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
imac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: settings
    Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 11:36am
Just got myself a Voyager amp and a ichord interconect lead , sounds good on first use . I am using a ipod classic and PX200 headphones . The question is , should the ipod be at maximum volume and then use the amp settings ?
Sceptre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sceptre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 4:12pm
My thoughts are these.

If the ichord comes out of the headphone out then I would run the volume on the ipod at about 70% then use the Voyager from there.

The better (much better) set up would be to have a Dock out connector giving you line out levels from the iPod.  Then the audio amps within the iPod are not in line with your chosen audio path and SQ is improved greatly.

You might just need a new cable to do that/
Happy listening though.
Sceptre
Mac-Apogee Duet- Solo SRG PSU1
240GB iMod - ALO PV-Cap -Voyager, D10, LISA III
Cyrus DVD 7+Q
JH|13 Pro,D7000, Ed 9, RS-1, HD600 (APS v3), ATH ESW10, Pro750, HFI 780, IE8, SA6 HD25-11, e4c.
imac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 10:35am
Thanks for the info , looking at a dock conector cable from a company called Qables , pricey but looks like a quality bit of kit , anyone got any experience of these cables .
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 7:19pm
I second both recomendations given by Sceptre. As far as Qables they seem to have good reputation. If you want a cheaper but very good dock alternative check out iBasso
or Sendstation.

Miguel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic