FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

The final mile

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The final mile
    Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 8:37pm
I have covered off under mains cables the very significant benefits experienced with in my cases very short high quality cables at the end of miles of cables. I am at a total loss to explain the logic of a short piece of cable making this improvement and I am aware others have expressed a healthy degree of scorn on these findings.

I am not looking to go over the same ground but an interesting associated finding with interconnects.

My phono stage interconnects between Elevator and accession and accession to amp have had no real use for the last 3 months and little use over the preceding month or two before that. I am aware my cables may well need some sort of regular use to bring back to to optimum performance so have linked both up to my TV interconnects via two cheap simple H shape connector blocks.

This enables me to feed signals through the cables without any significant effort. I have clocked over 100 hours I have now taken out of line and replugged on my phono stages.

Before doing so I listened before and after and as suspected once before there was a subtle but quite clear deterioration when removing my two phono stage interconnects and reverting to the single usual cable.

Lost some openness, space and clarity and the bass with a little thicker. TV sound can be quite revealing on typical decent programmes.

The changes were not huge probably maybe a bit greater than with the Figure of 8 reversal on my Elevator.

Given I had two cheap connectors in the chain this should have been worse rather than better.

Again a a loss to explain why but the findings suggest otherwise.

I have no need nor desire to experiment with speaker cables in the same way but wonder if anyone else has aver had any such experiences with interconnects?

Since my TV interconnects are relatively long I have wanted to upgrade the home made leads but a combination if cost and some difficulty in obtaining some to try lead me to wonder if a short higherspec cable with connector may be a fudged option.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic