FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

PSU1 cable mod for 2 outputs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PSU1 cable mod for 2 outputs
    Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 10:08am
I do recall this subject being covered in the past but my recollections do not carry sufficient conviction for me to action them.
I seem to recall that it was not quite as simple as merely adding another plug in series on the existing lead.
I would be grateful if Graham or John or Jon might refresh me on the specifics.
Tony G
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 11:51am
Hi Tony, this works with most combinations but not with the older DC coupled Elevator EXP (which shorts its supply). The plug is added by only wiring the positive - one piece of wire - the return is through the interconnect shield (hopefully you'll be using ours for the lowest impedance). The additional plug should go to the latter unit, for example if using a phono stage with a headphone amplifier, the original plug goes to the phono stage, and the additional plug to the headphone amp.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 12:23pm
Thanks Graham, that is more or less as I remembered.  
I have 2 x Exp at present, 1 has the red LED and I take it to be the earlier DC coupled version, but I believed that the other which has a green LED, would be OK for this method of powering.
I also take it that the Exp would be first plug and the phono stage the second in this application.
Tony G
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 3:39pm
Tony, best to send me a shot of the insides of the one you are suggesting just to be on the safe side.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic