FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Vinyl Recommendations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
stuxter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2008 at 4:32pm
sting - soul cages
david bowie -david live
thomas dolby- aliens ate my buick
joni mitchell-hejira

Charley Phogg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charley Phogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2008 at 7:57pm
Lynard Skynard One More From the Road.

Frank Zappa Live in New York....prefably with the version of The Torture Never Stops. Their are a tleas t 3 versions of the album. Even try the cd. Some of the humor may not ne the thingfor some, but you get down to the nitty grityy and it will get your foot stompin. Who ever said Frank can't play the geeetar needs to have their head examinded, worse then me.
XTRProf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XTRProf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by ServerBaboon ServerBaboon wrote:

Grace Jones - Night Clubbing.

Bob Marley - Exodus

Human League - Dare an overlooked classic piece of electronica from the 80's

Kate Bush if you can get any especially Hounds of Love and the greatest hits album

Oh I forgot Sade - Diamond Life ..... Sweet as Cherry Pie on Vinyl

Oh, all Grace Jones stuff are very well recorded. Also, don't forget to get the Sade and Human League 45 singles. Once in, I think we can forget about any digital stuff literally. Wink
XTRProf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XTRProf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Sol Sol wrote:

Nirvana Unplugged In New York Simply Vinyl 180gm Cobain

Definately the best live stuff I'v heard recently ... shame the damn LP was so expensive!

If you like well recorded LIVE stuff also consider Eric Clapton Unplugged.
XTRProf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XTRProf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Sol Sol wrote:

Originally posted by Jake Jake wrote:

Originally posted by noddyisking noddyisking wrote:

Hey Sol,

Have you received/played that Wilco Lp yet? Tell everyone about it! Easily the best current songwriter/lead guitar and band IMHO. Check them on YouTube to get a feel of the live experience.

I agree, Sky Blue Sky is outstanding.

Another really good record on vinyl is Fleetwood Mac - Tusk. Its so hard to take it off, I cant get enough.
I rathe rlike Tusk ... especially "Tusk" ... it takes a good system to keep that track togetehr without sounding like a congealed mess as the timing changes.

Don't forget the outstanding Rumours and the self titled LP as well. Well recorded, man!
XTRProf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XTRProf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 1:40pm
Ya, the EAGLES! 1 or 2 formerly in TAS list. Most of them are well recorded, btw ............
Nonnegativ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nonnegativ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 11:34pm
Steven Wilson: Insurgentes
No-Man: Just grab everything

I also have a soft spot for ECM records - they rarely dissapoints musically, and the sound is superp.   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic