FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

New member from Brentwood, Essex

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Annie Lennox and me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Lennox and me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 10:08pm
Hello Bob, thank you for the welcome.

Thanks also for your comments on both the Elevator and the new AccessionMC, very helpful and persuasive! :)

My cartridge is a Lyra Clavis, with a SME 20 and SME V. The rest of the system is a Nu-Vista pre-amp and 300 amp, and KEF 104/2 speakers. I have been using the cartridge straight in to the MM input of the pre-amp, which has acquitted itself very well under the circumstances. But I am sure the Elevator would improve things in that area considerably.

Paul

Elevator EXP, CuSat50, Spatia Links
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 10:28am
That's a serious front end you have there, Paul! (to go with a great system Wink).

The output from the Clavis has to be around 0.2-0.3mV doesn't it? Your MM input must be working right on it's limit with this - I would imagine the Elevator would transform the sound - not to mention making it louder LOL.

If you borrow an EXP you'll have to lets us know what you think . . 
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Annie Lennox and me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Lennox and me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 12:59pm
You are spot-on with the output of the Clavis, Bob, and I do have to turn the volume knob nearly halfway to get a decent sound. So I am hoping, as you suggest, that an EXP will not only transform the sound but make it louder too!   

Frustratingly, due to house renovation/decorating, I have not been able to listen to my system for about 18 months now, but hopefully that should change this weekend. I will then be looking forward to sharing some "before and after EXP" experiences...

Paul

Elevator EXP, CuSat50, Spatia Links
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic