FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Cleanliness next to godliness?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by BAK BAK wrote:

There is a reason why these ferrites are used on all medical electronics
 and "high end" commercial computer systems...
 in addition to in-line AC power filters/noise suppressors.

You're dead right Bruce.
What I've been doing is addressing something that has occurred over the years - the proliferation of SMPS that barely pass emissions suppression standards.

Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Chris Firth Chris Firth wrote:

Graham

Unfortunately being trolled by internet "experts" is a life hazard today.

You perhaps don't remember that this internet troll complained to the ASA...

And even quoting their own EMC consultant's words back at them didn't make one ha'porth of difference. Their consultant was also our consultant. Talk about thick (ASA that is...)
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

Originally posted by Chris Firth Chris Firth wrote:

Graham

Unfortunately being trolled by internet "experts" is a life hazard today.

You perhaps don't remember that this internet troll complained to the ASA...

And even quoting their own EMC consultant's words back at them didn't make one ha'porth of difference. Their consultant was also our consultant. Talk about thick (ASA that is...)

It had slipped my mind.

The ASA come across as a bunch of over educated sh1theads more interested in looking after their own sinecure, rather than even considering the truth.
Technical complaints is something they can't deal with, because they don't do anything of any tangible value.
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 10:42pm
As captain manwairing used the say 'red tape' or perhaps self appointed useless jobs worth bureaucrats of which there appear increasing numbers in this country.
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 10:25am
I had noticed over the last month or so the sound was a ‘bit off’.  This was typified by a closed in effect, boosted bass, lack of detail and dynamics and noticed this on some new vinyl but also on TV; my CD player being away couldn’t try that.

Having to move cables around and kit it seemed a good opportunity to clean most if not all connections so set about my external spike, junction box, wall socket and block connections as well as turntable/arm/CD/phono stage cables and sockets.

I haven’t touched my other internal junction box or back of wall socket (winter job) or my amp or speaker cables but the sound has now been restored to its expected levels and other the above sounds more fluid and interesting too.  Diary card back in for next September!
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 11:21am
Annual plug and unplug is a great tip for all of us. Thanks Richard.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic