FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Philips Fidelio X2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Fuzzy View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fuzzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Philips Fidelio X2
    Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 9:26pm
Hello,

Has anyone ever tried the Philips Fidelio X2? Or any comments about them? I don't really have an opportunity to try them somewhere, but I am curious about them.

Cheers!
Jan

Majestic DAC
Proprius
Gram Amp 2 SE
Solo SRGII
Solo ULDE
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 9:06pm
The ATH M50 got 5 stars on Amazon to the Fidelio's 4.5 stars. So if it isn't as good as the M50 then it must be quite dire.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 11:32pm
I used the ATH-M50 back in 2010-2011. In retrospect, it was truly dire. I only thought it was good at the time because everything else I'd heard up till then was awful. The HD600, which itself is rather mediocre, was a massive improvement over the M50, but after getting used to the HD250, was no longer impressed by the altered tonality of the HD600. Felt that a carefully tweaked HD540II and HD560II overall improved on the HD250II so I switched over to the HD540II. Then I listened to the HD800 and found out for myself that the vintage Sennheisers could be improved upon, although the phasing of the HD800 really sucked in comparison, giving boring sounding music. There was only one logical option left; the AKG K1000 earspeaker design. This left everything else in the dust and was highly musical with capable amplification; the K1000 is probably the best sounding head device ever made. And that's the end of headphones for me as Mark Audio Alpair 12P and 12PW drivers have demonstrated potential to leave the K1000 in the dust, which for speakers is a remarkable achievement IMO.
Fuzzy View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fuzzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 11:28pm
I am now listening through a newly bought pair of HD600 via Solo SRGII and Majestic. If the sound of HD600 is to be called rather mediocre, then I don't really know what to do anymore (except buy more/other headphones), because to my ears it sounds quite wonderful. (I like the HD600 even better than the DT880 600 Ohm.) Then again, my ears are not really as 'golden' or as advanced in the art of critical listening coupled with a clear understanding of the technics as the ears/brains of many others here. What I can say for sure though is that I am very happy indeed with what the Majestic and Solo SRGII accomplish in combination with the headphones I am using (however different they are, and they are very different indeed).
Jan

Majestic DAC
Proprius
Gram Amp 2 SE
Solo SRGII
Solo ULDE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic