FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Solo SRGII, a little box of wonders

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 5:23pm
All my designs have been developed to work with one another as well as with other kit, so the Novo will sound good if a little less precise than a Solo. It will smooth over the "cracks" a little where the Solo will just present it all on a plate. This is usually a good thing... Wink

The PSU1 has current a plenty for the dual use, but in every case where a power supply is shared there always will be some slight modulation even though I've never been able to measure it. In place of measurement we have ears and it's worth using them. Wink
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Gijo1977 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gijo1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 12:26pm
Graham,

Thanks for your info again. I have now ordered the Accession through Wyndham Audio here in Aus, directly as a result of the Loaner program. so thank you and the guys at Wyndham.

So I will now await that product and then work out what my ears need in terms of Headphone amplification.. probably through the loaner program again :)

And for my ears... what does modulation sound like? This critical listening is new to me! But thankfully I found your equipment. 
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 7:13am
When something bugs you about your music but it doesn't when using individual PSU1s.

Just borrow a PSU1 from Wyndham Audio when you have the shared PSU1 set-up installed. Make sure the loan PSU1 has been on for around three days. Swap over at the DC plugs and listen again.

If you nothing bugs you then it's OK by me, and you've saved yourself some money to buy more music with.

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
TALON1973 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TALON1973 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 9:52pm
Srg11 user for 3 years now. Will the psu1 make a big difference ? I've got HD 650 headphones. I was thinking going sennheiser hdva600.
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 10:12pm
Borrow PSU1 on loan scheme for two weeks and compare.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by TALON1973 TALON1973 wrote:

Srg11 user for 3 years now. Will the psu1 make a big difference ? I've got HD 650 headphones. I was thinking going sennheiser hdva600.
I was in the same situation - SRG III with plug top supply, HD650s. I'd borrowed a Reflex (or was it an Elevator - can't remember now) and found myself with a spare PSU1. So I thought why not put it on the Solo. Thought nothing more about it. Then had to return the borrowed kit along with it's PSU1.

With the plug-top supply back on the Solo I wondered what had happened: the sound was less dynamic, deep or detailed. I'd got used to the PSU1 its loss was very apparent. This was a wake up call for me as I really didn't appreciate what a difference a power supply could make.

The SRG III got upgraded to a ULDE and now drives some Audeze LCD-2s (I still have the 650s - love 'em - plugged into a Novo on a different system).

So - borrow a PSU1 and find out what the difference is! 
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic