FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Shure M35x

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 11:52am
Originally posted by oldagetraveller oldagetraveller wrote:

Originally posted by morris_minor morris_minor wrote:

Have a look here for my M35X in action.

Do you own any flat records Bob?Smile
A couple . . . Confused

And yes, temptation did get the better of me! Prising the generator out of the plastic shell was harder than I thought - had to go in both sides to lever it out, leaving some scratches on it . . .

I've now put it in a silver Ortofon headshell and got shot of those big washers (the screws Phoenix supplied were slightly too big to go down into the slots on that Technics-type headshell. Looks neater all round. If I could find a way of neatly cutting those little wings off the stylus mount it would look even better. (Was there ever an uglier cartridge than the M35X style?)

Oh, the sound! Well, nice 'n solid Wink . Early days yet - haven't put much under it so far.

At some point in the future I **may** be tempted to do some "stylus rolling" - you never know Embarrassed.
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by oldagetraveller oldagetraveller wrote:

Do you own any flat records Bob?Smile

I was thinking the same thing too LOL
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 5:48pm
Records for my videos are deliberately chosen to demonstrate the cartridges' tracking ability on, er, less than flat surfaces. Ermm

Seriously though, some of my worst offenders are new issues . . . and some of these come covered in dust. Quality control ain't what it used to be.  
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 7:27pm
"Records for my videos are deliberately chosen to demonstrate the cartridges' tracking ability on, er, less than flat surfaces. Ermm"

Good recovery and I agree about warped new records. How do they warp a thick slab of 180-200gsm vinyl and then expect people to pay £20+ for it?

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 7:42pm
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic