FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

National Audio Show 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by miT miT wrote:

Isn't the rule GSP first only when Graham makes similar products (e.g. amps, phono stages, etc) but, no problem if GSP don't make them (e.g. speakers, TTs, etc)? Maybe pictures of the latter type will be ok (mods please correct me if I'm wrong)...?

Thumbs Up

Graham

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
ServerBaboon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ServerBaboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 11:02pm
Ok here is the £60K speaker, SWMBO says no.

Is actually a ommni directional speaker.

I will try and get a better version of the image.

Edited by ServerBaboon - 21 Sep 2015 at 11:02pm
Steve

-------------

Various bits of GSP Kit ..well two so far, unless you count the cables that is.
miT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by ServerBaboon ServerBaboon wrote:

I agree about the Nautilus being art. I like to think of them as snails on nitrous. Sounded good too from what I remember... They need a different power amp for each driver though so you end up with 8 amps for one pair of speakers.

You're right, pig ugly! Did you sell it right so SWMBO thought the £16k ones were a bargain?

Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

Thanks for the clarification Graham.

ServerBaboon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ServerBaboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 11:47pm
will just emphasise they did sound good to my ears unlike the active pmc in the queen launch.

Steve

-------------

Various bits of GSP Kit ..well two so far, unless you count the cables that is.
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 7:37am
Originally posted by ServerBaboon ServerBaboon wrote:

will just emphasise they did sound good to my ears unlike the active pmc in the queen launch.

Yes, I would agree that in the context of the show they were one of the best sounding. There were some acoustic panels evident and perhaps the omni-directional design is better able to cope with the room acoustics. Certainly a very dynamic sound with deep, deep bass.

I think my impressions of the show were really adversely coloured by the poor presentation of the Queen vinyl.
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 8:55am
I returned home yesterday from 3 weeks holiday and talked with one of my friends who visited this show. When he arrived, there were already a lot of people leaving and his overall impression was pretty negative, especially considering the entry cost.

I have been to the Cranage show a couple of times as it is near to my home and also has free entry. I must say this seems very well attended and there are some very good demos (especially 2014 when GSP exhibited)
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic