FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Sennheiser HD540 II vs the world

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
dillon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2015 at 9:51pm
Well I do have a pair of 250's now, thanks to Ash n Graham's effusive support for them. And my open pair of LCDs suit my tastes to a tee so cant justify even a paltry cash sum for a 540ii. Hang on to em and keep putting em up on various sites Ash!!!
Nottingham Analogue Hyperspace w Space Arm & Dynavector 10x5 HOMC/GSP Revelation M/John Sampson upgraded Meridian 508.24 CDP/Sony 777ES SACD/ProAc Response D18/GSP Solo ULDE/GSP cables and ICs
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 9:05am
I'll have to keep them for now then until some more interest comes along. I'll keep advertising on head-fi and ebay.
Hbuus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hbuus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 8:24pm
What's it like compared to HD700?
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 8:32pm
Well... I haven't personally listened to the HD700 but others here have so they might be able to give their impressions.

Most of the feedback from my HD540II customers has been very positive.
Hbuus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hbuus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 9:17pm
Ok, thanks.
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2015 at 8:02am
Hi Henrik,
If it's any help I owned  a set of HD700s for a year or so. I quite liked them & found them much better in all areas than the HD650 they replaced. Better bass definition & control particularly.
To my ears though they still sounded just a little 'enclosed' - but not to the degree of the '650.
They are quite warm sounding.

I do prefer the '540 II to the HD700 overall as I feel they are more open, detailed & accurate, but from memory the HD700 bass is perhaps 'fuller' sounding which may make them more appealing
on a quick listen, but the '540 would win an extended demo I feel.

Headphone sound tends to divide opinion like little else so your preference may be the opposite.

Edited by RichW - 11 Dec 2015 at 8:46am
Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
Hbuus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hbuus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2015 at 9:23am
Thanks for the comparison, RichW.
That's interesting.
A new set of open cans is not my top priority right now though, but you guys certainly made me curious about 540 II! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic