FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Bespoke cable requests...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bespoke cable requests...
    Posted: 31 May 2015 at 8:21pm
I am going to rebuy a new Solo ULDE soon, after my Proprius and Solo UL have sold. However, to make my electronic system as compact as possible, I wish to have very short, high resolution cables. My Solo ULDE will sit on top on my Majestic and I wish to link the unbalanced phono connections of each together with the shortest pair of CuSat50 that is physically possible, as I highly doubt that in such a case that a Lautus 1.5m would offer any sonic improvement. It would be an inconvenience more than anything. I'm thinking of a CuSat50 link pair, like the dimensions of the Spatia links but maybe just a thicker gauge of cable core. Directionality considered as well with the usual shielding of the standard CuSat50. Length of say maybe about 20cm, which I can curl around. This is my first bespoke cable request.

My second bespoke cable request is a very short 4-pin XLR female to a 1/4 inch gold plated stereo jack cable. This made using Spatia wire, with directionality considered. This would allow connection of my K1000 to the Solo output. Again, requested length for this would probably be around 20cm.

John and Graham, would this be possible for me in the nearer future?

Edited by Ash - 31 May 2015 at 8:25pm
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 3:13pm
Ash hi.  I think we can all suffer for cable overload (incl other halves!) and in my view spageti is best left on the dinner plate ratehr behind our treasured silver, black boxes etc.

I too have a very short U-link cablebetween Elevator and Revelation which is very neat, tidy and effective - as the sit side by side possibly 15-16mm external cable.  I think this is something worth John/Grahm investing in. 

I am always a little nervous siting equipment on top of one another though Grahams wonderful little devices are light and ofetn do not need whole shelves to themselves.  In order to try & isolate the above E&R I had a small granite base made to sit the above on my (quite substantial) CD player (and not ideal placement) - whether it does sound better I cannot say but it makes me feel better that I have tried to isolate and looks nice too as granite only about 6-8mm from memory.

Good luck with the cables and hopefully John can accomoadte you.

Regards  Richard

morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 5:18pm
A short pre-bent (!) cable would be good for a Reflex/EXP combo . . . ok for one of top of the other, and side by side too . . . 

Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic