FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Novo Kit launch imminent

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Novo Kit launch imminent
    Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 7:35pm
At time of writing I am working on the Novo headphone amplifier kit. To be available as a full kit including case and power unit as per the ready made product, as a case inclusive kit less power unit, and as a PCB kit. All kits will be supplied with full instructions, tips and a "teach-in" on how it works.

Expected selling price of full kit to be £120 ex. VAT plus shipping. The no power supply and PCB only kits are price to be decided yet.

More info to follow at http://www.diy-audio-kits.com Currently this site is in its infancy and is text only. It will soon be expanded.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Sylvain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sylvain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 10:41pm
Mr Graham Slee
I built the NOVO and very happy with it but my AUDIO TECHNICA ATH AD 700 IS BALANCED OVERWHELMINGLY TO HIGH MIDS AND TREBLE....ANYTHING I CAN DO WITH THE NOVO TO EMPHASIZE A BIT OF BASS....NOW THE AUDIO TECHNICA OPEN BACK IS GOOD FOR THE TYPE OF ACOUSTIC MUSIC I LISTEN  and whilst not a fan of sub bass Find that the lower frequenciues embelish teh mids and high...ANY SUGGESTIONS
S JACQUES T
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 8:22am
If it's not too rude a question, why don't you ask Audio Technica to solve the problem seeing it is of their making?
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 10:40pm
Sylvain, the Novo output is a flat frequency signal so whatever colouration you are experiencing is a consequence of the transducer, not the amplifier... In other words, try various other headphones until you find one that performs how you like. The Novo you have made, as long as there have been no errors made in the assembly, will not likely be to blame. Buy headphones second-hand to save money until you find one that suits you. Ideally you would find a headphone with a (relatively) flat frequency response as this type will excel with Graham's amplifiers.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic