FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

New wave anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 6:03pm
Here's a record I was listening to yesterday. It's the second album by Paul Haig, who was in Josef K prior to becoming a solo artist. Obviously the sound is a lot more electronic than Josef K but well worth checking out. 

SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 3:47pm
Played this LP yesterday. Not for everyone, but I enjoy it.

SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
elwood p dowd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elwood p dowd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by patientot patientot wrote:

First LP by Martha & the Muffins, one of my favorite "new wave" acts of the early 80s. Any of their first four LPs are great and highly recommended if you haven't heard them. 

one of the martha's was going out with peter saville at the time (the one also in the associates) hence him designing some of their the sleeves, including the one using the map of toronto on that album
this is why events unnerve me
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by elwood p dowd elwood p dowd wrote:

one of the martha's was going out with peter saville at the time (the one also in the associates) hence him designing some of their the sleeves, including the one using the map of toronto on that album

Didn't know that. Saville certainly designed a lot of great looking album covers...
elwood p dowd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elwood p dowd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 4:33pm
I believe she also worked at PSA for a while

indeed, potentially the most impressive of all the sleeve designers, although a lot of his are "borrowed" images
this is why events unnerve me
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by elwood p dowd elwood p dowd wrote:

I believe she also worked at PSA for a while

indeed, potentially the most impressive of all the sleeve designers, although a lot of his are "borrowed" images

Yeah, that's true about the borrowed images.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic