FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

24-bit Remastered CDs??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
miT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 11:25pm
Too right as I can think of many 320kbps MP3s in my collection (please don't stone me) that have a lower noise floor than some CDs!

Hopefully these "remastered" CDs will fall into the good side of mastering...
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 11:41pm
In the past, I have been unable to distinguish 320kbps mp3 CD rips from WAV CD rips. You'd need the highest resolution playback equipment to hear the high frequency differences for well mastered work, in my experience. I often find subtle phase infidelity easier to hear than subtle frequency infidelity, because phase really matters too.

Edited by Ash - 17 Apr 2015 at 11:43pm
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
miT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 11:54pm
Yes the equipment is really important if you want to hear the difference, not just the actual recording. I have been struggling with my current Novo because my old Solo opened my ears. I cannot wait for the powered Bitzie so that I can also get the Proprius' pair and new headphones! It would make the CDs sound even more amazing.
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 12:06am
I'm at the end of this hobby now; well, the equipment side of it anyway. I have nothing logical left to upgrade to. Not yet sure if I'll find speaker technology to beat my K1000; that is the only way forward that I can foresee but I'd need a suitable listening environment for that progression to take place. That's just more expense though and my ~£5000 signature line is crazy enough.

I'm thinking learning to play instruments and learning how to compose music is of more importance to me now. Money doesn't buy creativity. I have to look within to find that.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
miT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 12:18am
With upgraditis cured you can now get on with the most important part, listening to music!

I hope that works out for you. I gave up playing the guitar as I had too many other hobbies!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic