FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Enlightenment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
JamesD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

Originally posted by JamesD JamesD wrote:

...half of me is tempted to renew the PSU caps and anything else that could have deteriorated or shows signs of such which could make it sound even better.

Would you think it has been on for a total of more than 10 years out of its 50 years existence?

If so, then maybe renewing the PSU caps could result in better sound.

If not, then leave well-alone! Wink

Thanks for the advice Graham. Given that the lettering on the fascia isn't at all worn it has either had infrequent use or it has been permanently tuned to one radio station. 10 years use equates to 4 or 5 hours use every day which I doubt. So for fear of making it worse rather than better I will take the easy option and leave well alone. The tuner uses valves, I kind of like the fact that when you first turn it on you just get hiss for a few seconds Smile.
Aren't ears brilliant
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic