FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Amplifier feet and racks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
Author
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 7:50am
Certainly worth a try mick, speak to Les about the sticky back material....
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 4:03am
Will do!
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 8:50pm
Linking a few live topics together I am listening to some freshly ultrasonic cleaned vinyl on my Dynavector through my Accession and Elevator.

I comments on another thread that some Analogue Production vinyl which excellent pressings were a bit lacking sparkle and over warm/heavy sounding.

I thought I would revisit the sticky pads between the glass shelf and rack which my TT sits on.  A few Donna Summer tracks and reverting to B52s again I tried before switching to a sister top rack unit which still has the original small clear rubber pads (like the ones under Graham's phono stages).  The lift has returned to the party!  Clarity, openness and space have returned and the balance is lighter with more precision. 

Well it is staying this way now; my original test did rely on a one way switch, and that more extensive tests on other items had perhaps lulled me in to a too positive mindset.

I have continued to play vinyl and having previously tweaked my loading to 1000k (from 840 ohm) I did find the sound maybe a little too aggressive so reverted back to 840.  This was after I almost lept from my chair with a huge dynamic range swing on my original copy of Now that we've found love (Third World).

However, I still feel that the Analogue Productions are still to warm and cuddly but perhaps is needed this to highlight the problem.

All my previous comments for equipment tests remain but this time it didn't work.  Next to Judy Tzuke or 10cc...., no Rick Wakeman.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
  Share Topic