FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Value for money

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Value for money
    Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 4:21pm

I have been struck for some time at how much value for money headphones and phone amplifiers represent. 

From iPod or phone based systems through to dedicated headphone rigs, there is so much more from a sound quality perspective than any equivalent speaker based system.

I'm a bit obsessive regarding headphones and amps (perhaps "addicted" is a better phrase)

I have so many amps and headphones it is a little embarrassing to be frank.   I recently added a Novo to this long list.  More out of curiosity to be honest having had a Solo for a long time.

What struck me so strongly when listening for the first time (having let it play radio overnight) was how impressive this mid-priced headphone amp sounds.

I was using it fed from a Cyrus Stream x Signature, through a T+A DAC 8 and into Beyerdynamic T1 headphones.

By impressive, what I mean is in comparison to my speaker based system.

I use a Perreaux éloquence 250i integrated into PMC FACT 8 speakers. Yet a grands' worth of headphone and amp sound more lively and detailed.

What an interesting hobby we have!!

Edited by Jitter - 16 Nov 2014 at 11:46am
...... and that's my opinion, take or leave it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic