FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Last call for testers list!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 11:17pm
As a norm manufacturers send out units w/ zero or very low hours (testing). This due to the many other obligations they have.

Based on my listening impressions the Beta Novo may need a long burn-in period of at least 300 hours and as many as 500 hours. Mine has a tad over 300 hours and it recently changed. I will let it go about 100 hours past the last change and then I will be sure.

Edited by mrarroyo - 29 Aug 2008 at 11:18pm
Miguel
that_hertz View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote that_hertz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2008 at 1:52am

HI Miguel

So when is the big review due?

mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2008 at 1:15pm
The short answer is I do not know.

Why? Well, first I need to make sure the amp is fully burnt in and not prone to change. Thus why I posted that I will let the amp go for at least 100 hours beyond the last change I hear. If this was the only thing then by next weekend I would have my final impressions.

However, Graham and his staff/friends have developed an tweak that improves the sound of the amp. The parts are on their way and depending on how quickly they settle ...

Sorry for the long answer.
Miguel
that_hertz View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote that_hertz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2008 at 10:32pm
Many thanks for posting an update Miguel :)

less View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote less Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2008 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

OK, this is the rota:-

Darren/Audio Elevati[on]
that_hertz
ServerBaboon
jonclancy
less
Zafonic
dazzer1975

Thanks Graham,
I'm looking forward to this very much.

Les
I don't do mediocrity!

Les Sutherland
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 9:28am
Zafonic has asked to be removed due to other committments so the UK list is now

1] that_hertz (completed)
2] Darren/Audio Elevati[on] (reaching completion)
3] ServerBaboon (next)
4] jonclancy
5] less
6] dazzer1975
7] FritzS (he's not in the UK so dazzer1975 should send back to me so I can post it on)

If any of you asked to be on the list and I haven't included you please remind me now.

Edited by Graham Slee - 03 Oct 2008 at 9:31am
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic