FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Cusat and spatia review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cusat and spatia review
    Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 1:28pm
Firstly would like to say loan scheme is great and thanks to Jon for a extended period of loan.Now I'm not going to go into reviewer jargon here cos to be honest I don't have a bleeding clue what they talking about most of the time. I would just like to say these cables are excellent together and bearing in mind these were up against a very reputable brand ,more expensive and very we'll reviewed cables( I won't mention the name) but the spatia and Cusat seemed to be better in every department, ie bass was deep but more clarified,midrange superb very detailed and top end very sweet never bright or harsh. I feel these are very balanced cables with a very open sound and have heard details I haven't heard before on my system. Is it possible for cables to sound faster more engaging or am I just imagining it?
I have since returned my loan cables and put my other all copper cables cables back on and honestly it all sounds a bit lifeless and dull not as much sparkle or life to my music. I will be purchasing these cables as soon as funds allow by selling my other cables.
I know this May not be the most in depth review but I hope this is a little bit of insight for anyone thinking of giving these a try.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 7:42pm
Thanks for your comments Ben. I keep hearing such good things about the Spatias, but I haven't dared try them out yet. Rightly or wrongly, I think I'll leave them until after I've done something about replacing my DAC and amplifier.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 8:14pm
Yeah im in a bit of the same boat myself do I upgrade my cd player first, maybe amp and so on and you know how it goes in this hi fi game. But yeah the spatia is excellent
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 11:04pm
Thanks for this review Ben.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Oakrack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oakrack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 11:19am
Just like to add, after agonising about speaker cable change, reading reviews of different cables, i stumbled upon grahams products. After joining this forum and reading about spatia cable, i finally ordered a 3 mtr pair. Got them yesterday. Removed an old but expensive pair of philosophy xserion cable, now i am not going to go into review speak but to anyone thinking of these cables dive in. Resolution, timbre, fine detail ,and a rightness of tone. I sit here amazed at what these cables are doing!! . Thanks to the g s team.
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 11:43am
That's great news Chris! The Spatia knocked my "cable scepticism" firmly on the head by delivering just those qualities you mention, plus they must have put at least an octave on the bottom of my PMCs which were obviously being severely strangled by the old cable! As you say, folk should definitely "dive in"!
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 12:35pm
After fiddling around with my system a few months ago I replaced the expensive
Made in USA interconnect from CD to amp with CuSat & the sound was equally as good
if not better.Top value & performance Thumbs Up.
Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic