FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

warped record

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Fernando Fernando wrote:

I'm looking for Syd Barrets first albuns anybody know's something about that?. I have been in some record shops and some fairs but i c'ant find in good condition at least!
Happy Christmas and Wonderful Happy New Year 2014 for all GSP comunnity  Thumbs Up

Cheers
Fernando

Happy Christmas & New Year Fernando

Here is the first LP Barrett, claims to be 'mint', UK seller
http://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/Syd-Barrett-Barrett/131322740?ev=bp_det

Here is other LP The Madcap Laughs, again claims to be 'mint', ships from Spain
http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=5074094

Good hunting....
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
Fernando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fernando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 3:49pm
Chris and Drewan77 thank you very mutch for your suggestions, but the problem is found originals.
Re-issues is more easy, but... anyway thanks again

Cheers
Fernando
fixedwheel View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixedwheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2014 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by phildent phildent wrote:

I have found a local record shop with the correct machine who will do it for £10.00 a time and when I get time I will get them to do it and report back.

Hi Phil

Did you get it done in the end? And, if so, are you happy with the result?

An is one of the Furutech machines?

Cheers

John
phildent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phildent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2014 at 4:39pm
Hi John,Yes did get it done in the end and it was a Furutech machine.
Well worth it for rare new records which I probably could not replace.I am however now being Captain Fantastic'd to death and good as Grahams phono stages are they have their limits.
If anybody needs address let me know.

Phil
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixedwheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2014 at 4:45pm
Hi Phil

Thanks for the update, I reckon it might be useful to pop the name and location of the dealer that offers the service. That way peeps can make contact if they have a couple of records that are worth doing.

John
phildent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phildent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2014 at 5:07pm
Hi John,I would willingly post it but I thought it unfair to advertise this dealer on a website which is paid for by Graham.

Phil
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixedwheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2014 at 5:16pm
Hi Phil

I must admit I didn't think there would be a conflict with that kind of info, as it now a service many would have much of a regular use for, and I have never heard of another place that offers the Furutech flattening service. It's hard enough to get a decent cleaning service these days.

I had looked at the possibility of ordering a VinylFlat from the States, but I'd be happier with it being done in a Furutech instead.

Can I ask you either drop a PM to Graham or one of the other mods for clearance? And / or drop me a PM with details. It prob isn't one of those things I'd immediately need, especially as I seem to suffer less as I have a screw down clamp on the GOrbe, but I'll need it sometime!!

Cheers

John
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic