FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

New AKG812 Pro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
FritzS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FritzS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New AKG812 Pro
    Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 1:15pm
Recently, I had the extraordinary pleasure to be able to test the new AKG K812 Pro!
I use the same test samples of music, that I use for all my tests.

In advance, so a significant difference I did not expect, in foretime I heared some other headphones in the same league (or higher).

The new K812 Pro has a very good fit and my head, the inner diameter of the ear pads is about the same as the K7 .. series, the entire headphone is made of very high quality materials. The capsule is free to see inside, the Pro K812 is more open than you can judge by the photos.

Some technical data can be found here:
http://harmanprogroup.blogspot.co.at/2013/10/harmans-akg-k812-reference-headphones.html

The AKG K812 Pro offers everything what you are looking for - profound clearly contoured bass, middle and treble well recorded. With its resolution, fine dynamics and openness, he sets standards.

Compared to K712 Pro
The K812 Pro definitely plays in a different league. I did not expect that the difference so clearly fancy. The K812 has a higher resolution, more airiness and a clearly contoured bass. Although the K712 Pro is a very good headphone too (in his league and price range)!

Comparison with an another flagship
Both are similar in some respects. The Pro K812 offers more room and brought some deep bass clear accurate.
The sound stage is more open and free with the K812 Pro
The headphone from B. are not circumaural for my ears, I have the feeling it sounds trough a short pipe (in some forums is called the can, tin effect - german 'Dosen-Effekt').

To compare with the flagship of S., the timeframe was not long enough. 

The music samples, I brought, playd with a notebook with professional audio software, a professional studio DAC and Crown amplifiers.

The Pro AKG products are designed and manufactured in Vienna, the AKG lifestyle ( consumer) products coming from China

At home, I listened to some of the songs included in the test .
For D7000 - which sounded badly discolored despite his good treble reproduction. I feel the difference this time much stronger than when I compared the D7000 with the K1000, Q701, K712 or some time ago with the T90. On this day I could not hear with the D7000 , it was not a relaxing pleasure with him.

PS: My phone is the instantaneous standard K712 Pro - then came the Q701 with the same earpads as it has the K712 Pro. A Pro K812 headphone would be my dream!

PPS: Please excuse my english translation, my native language is german.

Some other discussions about:

Edited by FritzS - 10 Oct 2013 at 1:21pm
AKG K812, K872, K712, Q701, K701, K501, K550, K271, Denon AH-D 7000
"Green" SOLO (with LME49860NA), WNA MKII
Marantz SA7001 KI, Philips CD650
Revox B790, G1042, Reflex
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic