FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Bitzie Startup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Thin Lizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thin Lizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bitzie Startup
    Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 10:34pm
I am new in this forum, so first I want to say welcome to all members and especially Graham Slee!
These are my impressions with the new Bitzie DAC. (in advance there were 72h nonstop operation for first burn-in).
The Sound with my beloved AKG K141 Studio Headphone is absolute convincing: deep and defined bass, genuine, straight mids and spacious, airy highs. I did not expect such a great performance, first and foremost I only tried compressed material!  (128-320kBps mp3 and ogg files).
Volume is absolutely sufficient unless you want to damage your ears.
Next Test: I connected the Bitzie DIRECTLY to my Dual Mono Output Stage and the speakers.
The result really blew me off:  A realistic, very musical and detailed soundstage, paired with a deep and fast bass, emerged into the room. With uncompressed 44.1kHz .wav or flac Files soundstage and definition of course are better.
I have a few 96kHz files made from my LPs- The Bitzie played them absolutely realistic!
As nothing else lies in the signal path, I claim to hear that the output stage of the Bitzie is a truly musical one - made for long-term listening.
For potential Bitzie customers in this forum, this might be interesting:
I use Opensuse Linux 12.3, standard ALSA drivers and audacious, a lightweight player, with all re-sampling and software controls turned off. The Bitzie works out of the box with no hassle at all. It also works with Audacity under Opensuse 12.3.
I also tested the Bitzie succesfully with a Samsung Galaxy Express under Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. USB OTG Cable is required.

Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 11:46pm
Thank you Thin Lizzy.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic