FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

New Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2022 at 9:41am
Give Sabotage a few listens.
When I first heard it - arguably their last great album - back in around 1980 or so , it took a
few listens to get but eventually it hit home - in a big way & I still love it.
For a 1975 album it has immense power and attack with Osbourne at his best. 
Sabbath were never too keen on the 'Heavy Metal' label but - arguably again - little recorded
since in this genre betters this 47 year old release. 

Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 7:40am

TheScorpionsTale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheScorpionsTale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by RichW RichW wrote:

Give Sabotage a few listens.
When I first heard it - arguably their last great album - back in around 1980 or so , it took a
few listens to get but eventually it hit home - in a big way & I still love it.
For a 1975 album it has immense power and attack with Osbourne at his best. 
Sabbath were never too keen on the 'Heavy Metal' label but - arguably again - little recorded
since in this genre betters this 47 year old release. 

Thanks Rich, I'll certainly give it more time, just looking for the chance to do some serious listening, the last few days have been overtaken by events!
Graham

SL1200 II with SME M2-9R and various carts / Revelation M with PSU-1 / Cyrus amp, CD and streamer / Kralk Audio BC30-3 Floorstanders / Bitzie and Lautus USB
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by RichW RichW wrote:

Is it anything like their classics, I'm talking 80s stuff
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 7:13am
The Tipping Point is nearly up there with TFF's 80's albums. It's much better than their previous 
album from 2004 - Everybody Loves a Happy Ending, which we all thought was going to be their last.

Edited by RichW - 02 Nov 2022 at 8:21am
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 2:50pm
I agree that Tipping Point is a very good TFF album musically. One thing I don't like about is the compressed production and mastering. The CD mastering is compressed with an inch of its life. The downmix from the Blu-Ray version is a bit more dynamic, but I can still guess that a lot of compression was used during the recording process.

I passed on the vinyl version of the album because there were pressing problems with the copies distributed in the U.S. and I didn't think it would sound much better than the CD.

Never heard "Everyone Loves" - I should probably pick up a copy at some point. Recently I have been listening to Seeds of Love and Elemental a bit. Not my favorites from the band but they have their moments.
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 7:17pm
The reason I asked is, I have or more to the point had music by bands I like and their latest is to me (IMO) has been bad or too samey, Bands like Simple Minds, Greenday and Levellers. Take Levellers as a case in point, The last album I bought by them I ended up thinking that I already had this album (samey) so I went and check to see if I had it and double checked I was that certain and I hadn't, after that I never bought any more of their albums. I'll have to check out TFF's new album on youtube or their website to see (listen) for myself before spending my money. I have been doing this a lot lately and it as saved me money.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic