FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Reflex m

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Wilki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 5:19pm
Getting there with my enquiries on the reflex m and Jon has kindly given me advice about the loaner programme but Audio affair are offering me what seems like a good price but I'm wondering whether I'm being not being offered the most up to date UL version.
I noticed the photo on audio site; the front plate says reflex in italics BUT does not say reflex m. The text says reflex m as of 2009.

The photo on Graham's site. Says reflex m on the front plate. In Graham's text the UL version is mentioned.

It's maybe just me being too cautious but just wanted opinion that I'm being offered the most up to date version as I'm spending considerable outlay. Audio affair quote a couple of weeks delivery so they can't have old stock sitting around.

Many regards.

Ian
Bi-wire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi-wire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 5:37pm
Ian, from experience, be aware that they might not actually have any in stock, despite what the website says! I would recommend dealing directly with Graham.
Peter

Satisfied user of: Revelation M, PSU1-Enigma, Solo SRGII and lots of CuSat50
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 6:37pm
Ian, if this helps, I have both of these as below. An earlier 2008 Reflex Era Gold and the latest 2013 Reflex-M. Both are excellent (with PSU1) but the Reflex-M is stunning . I agree is is best to deal directly with GSP

(Only the Reflex-M is operating, I placed the Era Gold on top for this picture)

Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
Wilki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 10:07pm
Thanks so very much for the helpful advice.
Mind made up, I will go with direct with Graham. I'm going for reflex m with psu1 and Lautus interconnects.
I won't take the unlikely risk of maybe getting earlier version from dealer. I'm just glad I took the time to think and look carefully and had the sense to ask you about the important details.
Basically Drewans picture shows exactly the differences I noticed.
Is the difference between reflex 2008 and the reflex m 2013 is the later version is the UL (ultra linier) version or am I missing some other fundimental point?

Regards
Ian
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Drewan77 Drewan77 wrote:

I agree is is best to deal directly with GSP.
I did because this is where I started the journey, but if there are good dealers out there don't we, and Graham, need them to prosper through selling GSP gear? It's a pity it's not easy to know who the good guys are.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Bi-wire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi-wire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by ICL1P ICL1P wrote:

Originally posted by Drewan77 Drewan77 wrote:

I agree is is best to deal directly with GSP.
I did because this is where I started the journey, but if there are good dealers out there don't we, and Graham, need them to prosper through selling GSP gear? It's a pity it's not easy to know who the good guys are.

Just to clarify my previous post, I'm not implying that Audio Affair are not 'good guys' (I believe they have a pretty good reputation as online dealers), merely that inclusion of an item in their online catalogue and a statement about delivery in x days does not guarantee that the item is in stock. I have experienced this, where they subsequently explained to me that they were having difficulty with their supplier, or some such. Consequently, I cancelled my order (no problem there) and then ordered directly from Graham.

I agree we should be using dealers whenever possible, along with all the other elements of the high street, and developing a good relationship with a dealer based on mutual trust is almost priceless.
Peter

Satisfied user of: Revelation M, PSU1-Enigma, Solo SRGII and lots of CuSat50
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 4:50pm
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic