FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

A trip to the darkside

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 8:43pm
I can see the POV's you are both expressing and wonder if the bit that would help from the Audiomods document is helping optimise the cartridge sound. Assuming a neutral phono stage but not knowing which tonearm our members would try, perhaps it is really about the different character of different cartridges with setup tips like VTF, loading, SRA/arm angle?

One of the things I like about the Hana SL is bags of detail without too much treble as I have had a few cartridges that drew attention to singers' lisps. The latter may be sibilance on the pressing and/or a cartridge characteristic but it breaks the spell for me.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 11:27am
My thanks again to fellow members who recommended the Hana series and for the second hand deal I have benefitted from. The SL is doing its wonders on a variety of music styles, outperforms my well used R100L, and it is as enjoyable to listen to as the much more expensive Phoenix.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic